Local Rib Cook-Off
Show off in the Cook-Off
Do you have BBQ skills? We're hungry to find out what you can do!
The Local Rib Cook-Off is one of the most asked for community events of the weekend, so we’ve brought it back again for 2018.
When and Where?
Monday, September 3, 2018 at Wisconsin’s Best Rib Fest & Fundraiser at Menominee Park, Oshkosh.
Local Cook-Off Timeline:
- 5am – Gate open for participants
- 9am – Mandatory participant meeting
- 11am – Wisconsin’s Best Rib Fest grounds open to the public
- 12pm – Staggered judging to begin
- 2:30pm – Awards Ceremony
- 1st Prize – $300, Trophy & Epic Bragging Rights
- 2nd Prize – $100
- 3rd Prize – Entry into 2019 Wisconsin’s Best Rib Fest Local Rib Cook-Off
Online registration is open until August 26, 2018 at 11:00pm.
Register for just $50 per team. The entry fee is non-refundable.
You can register online (there is an additional processing fee) or register via paper Registration and mail your check. The registration (online or printed), registration fee, and hold harmless agreement must be received in order to guarantee your spot in the competition.
The completed registration form, Hold Harmless Agreement and $50 registration fee can be mailed to:
Oshkosh Rotary Club
P.O. Box 785
Oshkosh, WI 54903-0785
In order to compete, each team will need to fill out the Hold Harmless Agreement. You may email the agreement to any of the following committee members. You will not be allowed to compete if we do not have the signed Hold Harmless Agreement, registration form (online or printed), and registration fee.
Rules & Regulations
Please read the complete Rules and Regulations for the competition.
Here’s an excerpt:
· Each team shall consist of a chief cook and up to two assistants.
· Contestants shall provide all needed equipment and supplies. Contestants must adhere to all electrical, fire and other codes. A fire extinguisher must be near all cooking devices and a 10’x10’ tent, per City of Oshkosh health code rules.
· No trailered, custom rigs allowed.
· All cooking areas must be covered. Each team will provide their own tent which will be a 10" x 10" max, such as an easy up style.
Judges will be selected and given judging procedures prior to the event.
If you’re interested in the more details, please read the complete Judging Procedures.